711 N. Wooster Ave. Dover, OH 44622
YOUR FIRST MEETING CHECKLIST
The initial meeting is a great opportunity for your advisor to get to know you. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know your advisor. Here are some helpful questions and guidelines to help make sure you both make the most of it.
WHAT TO ASK
- How long have you been working as an advisor?
- Do you have any areas of focus or specialties?
- Have you worked with other investors with similar situations to mine?
- Will you work with other professionals assisting me, such as my accountant and lawyer?
- How often and by what means will you communicate with me?
- How will I be able to monitor my plan and track investment performance?
- What happens if changes in my life warrant updates to my plan?
- How are you compensated for your services?
WHAT TO BRING
- Statements from pensions or other employer-benefit income
- Any outstanding debt balances that you feel is appropriate to share (mortgages, auto, credit card, business, equity line, etc.)
- Social Security information
- Two most recent federal income tax returns
- Statements from investment/Brokerage accounts
- Statements from retirement accounts and Employee-sponsored benefit programs (401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.)
- Statements from annuities.
- Estate planning documents (will, power of attorney, trust, etc.)
- Life and disability insurance policies
- Long-term care insurance policies
- Contact information for your CPA and attorneys or other financial professionals (tax and estate) if applicable
(Some items above may not apply to you personally)
Raymond James financial advisors may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions for which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Investors outside of the United States are subject to securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on this site. Contact your local Raymond James office for information and availability.
The Cavalena Group at Raymond James Financial Services is not a registered broker/dealer, and is independent of Raymond James Financial Services. Investment Advisory Services are offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc.